How To Make A DIY Doormat
- blank doormat– which can be bought at canadamats.ca
- adhesive vinyl or freezer paper
- hello stencil found here– A Cricut to cut out mine, but you can print out on 2 sheets of freezer paper and cut with scissors or a craft knife as well.
- paint– Any craft paint will do, just check to ensure it can be used for outdoor applications.
- Stiff paint brush or stippling brush or spray paint. Because of the dense natural fibers make sure to put enough paint to create a good enough layer
- Create your stencil using the freezer paper method or with adhesive vinyl.
- Position your stencil in the desired location on your doormat. Iron on the freezer paper stencil or peel the backing paper back to set your adhesive vinyl.
- Paint Your design take care to use an up and down motion, especially around the edges, to ensure you create crisp edges on your letters.
- Remove the stencil, and allow it to dry for at least 24 hours before using. As a final step, if you wish, add a clear coat to the painted area to protect it and make it last longer.
The final DIY doormat is fun and perfect for giving your entry a fun summer vibe!